There’s truly is nothing like camping in the great outdoors. Sleeping out in the wild, reveling in the spectacular scenery, breathing the fresh air, and getting back to basics. It’s hard to beat the feeling of simply being alive and experiencing all the abundance and wonder nature has to offer. We here at Bullring USA love a good camping trip so we’ve put together a shortlist of some of the best truck accessories for saving space and maximizing convenience.
- Truck Bed air mattress
For the camper who doesn’t need a tent, an inflatable truck bed air mattress will help you sleep like a baby under the stars. These specialty air mattresses utilize every square inch of your bed, fitting around and over your wheel wells to give you more room and comfort as you bed down. Pittman Outdoors has a variety of products within their Airbedz line to fit every vehicle.
- Truck bed tent
If you’re like the average person, you more than likely have trouble sleeping on the hard, rocky ground of the Great Outdoors. And while going to bed with a brilliant starlit sky above is an experience unto itself, you could do without the mosquitoes and other critters likely to bite or burrow their way into your sleeping bag. For the adventurer just starting out, a premium truck tent lets you bring a bit of civilization along on your next expedition. We love the Napier Sportz Backroadz series tents for their rugged durability and easy–on–the wallet price point.
- Vehicle awning
Outdoor living can be bright and beautiful but sometimes you need a little time out of the sun or other inclimate weather conditions. That’s where a vehicle awning comes in handy. ARB USA has a superb line of products to suit your overhead protection needs. They fit neatly into the side of most roof racks, store in a protective PVC bag, have adjustable height and include guide ropes and pegs for windy conditions.
- Truck Rack
Free up your truck bed and make extra cargo space on the roof of your pickup with the Apex Universal Truck Rack. A truck rack can also be a stable platform for a rooftop camping rig freeing up valuable cargo bed real estate for storing your can’t live without camping gear.
- Tie downs & Anchor points
No matter what camping gear you bring along you’re going to want to thoroughly secure it in place for the trip to and from the campsite. In the truck bed, this is best accomplished with a sturdy set of cam or ratchet tie down straps fastened to Bullrings top of the line truck anchor point solution. Our retractable anchors pop down out of the way when not in use, preventing those painful knee meets anchor moments. Rated @ 1000 lb. each, you know bullrings will hold up even under the most strenuous hauling conditions.
- Cargo Net
A cargo net is an excellent alternative to tie down straps as it covers more area and helps to keep loose items in place not easily secured by tie down straps alone. Two of our favorite options in this department is the Gladiator cargo net or the more affordable but still reliable, Hitchmate stretchweb cargo net.
- Jammock Hammock
The Jammock Hammock is one of the neatest bullring accompaniment accessories we’ve come across so far. It’s a sling that stretches across your truck bed to form a hammock with a working load of 350 lbs. and roughly two-minute install time. It is one of the most sturdy and simple camping accessories you can own. When not in use as a hammock It also helps keep your cargo secure, can be used for overhead storage, and as a windjammer.
- Pickup truck cooler
Another key accessory for pickup truck camping is a reliable cooler to preserve your food as well as keep your camping beverage of choice at an ideal temperature. The Yukon Cold Locker secures to your truck bed and allows you to keep items cold for up to eight days on one load of ice. Another excellent choice for warm or cold food is the Koolatron Voyager 12v heater/cooler. Which plugs into your trucks nine volt or your camping generator to keep food at the right temperature for extended periods of time.
- Hitch Mounted Accessories
- Hitch mount Grilling – Chargrilled offerings are often one of the best parts of a camping trip. But all too often the lack of an onsite grill or inability to start an open pit-fire, can be a hindrance to your delicious smoke laden plans. This problem can easily be solved with a Bar-b-q grill that mounts directly to your pickup hitch.
- Hitch mount relaxation – The Hammaka trailer hitch and cradle chair set come ready to mount on your truck so you can spend less time assembling and more time enjoying nature. With this device, comfort is the name of the game. Additional features like a lightweight pillow, footrest, and cup holder add value and make this product stand out from the rest of the camp chair crowd.
- Hitch mount Security – There are few things worse than locking your keys in your car on a camping trip. Prevent this situation by installing a Hitchsafe. This product slides into your current standard 2” hitch receiver on your truck, SUV or van and is secured from within via two bolt retaining bars from within, preventing removal once locked. It installs/uninstalls in seconds with no tools required and locks with a personalized 4 digit personal pin code. The hitch itself is a solid steel vault, which when combined with the Hitchsafe provides the most secure, externally accessible location on your vehicle for storing spare keys, credit cards/cash, or your driver’s license.
Now that your wheels are turning about some of the best camping accessories available for your truck, it’s time to begin planning that next venture into the great wild expanse. Where do you like to camp? And what must have accessories make your can’t live without list?